Appointments Abroad Process
The Office of Export Control and Trade Sanctions continues to review requests for remote work to ensure the safety and security of university business. These reviews are performed on a semester-by-semester basis for any new requests and to determine if there are any changes in circumstances for previously reviewed requests.
The process has been streamlined and simplified with the implementation of a new electronic form.
The workflow is as follows:
- Requests should be made by the department chair or their designee.
- Since all requests are dependent on department approval, the form will automatically be routed to the department chair, unit head, or their designee that is identified in the form for approval.
- Pending the department chair approval, the form will then be routed to Export Control and Trade Sanctions for review.
- A response will then be sent to the person making the request and the department chair or unit head.
- Upon receiving the approval, the department office may then work with Human Resources to complete the process.
Please contact the Office of Export Control and Trade Sanctions with any questions at 517-432-4499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.