The process for requesting an appointment abroad has been streamlined and simplified with the implementation of a new electronic form.
Michigan State University has a cross-campus site license to Visual Compliance software, which provides searchable access to the Commerce Control List, the Munitions list, lists of debarred parties and entities and other resources. You must register with your @msu.edu email address to use the site license.
- Association of American Universities (background on export control)
- Country Policies and Embargoes (Department of State)
- Debarred Parties (Department of State)
- Entity List (Bureau of Industry & Security)
- U.S. Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
- Bureau of Industry and Security U.S Department of Commerce
- National Select Agent Registry
- NSDD189 - Fundamental Research
- OFAC Frequently Asked Questions
- Sanctions Programs and Country Information
- United States Government Departments and Agencies with Export Control Responsibilities
- Travel Guidelines for Data
- Safety and Security for the Business Professional Traveling Abroad (U.S. Department of Justice brochure)
- Rules for Cash Imports and Exports (U.S. Customs and Border Control)